Have you finished all of your holiday shopping? Chances are, if you are like the rest of America, you haven’t. Shopping up until the very last minute is what many of us have to do with other priorities that include our loved ones.
That is why I wanted to share some of my favorite wellness items that make the perfect stocking stuffer, white elephant gift, and amazing gifts for the person in your life who is dedicated to taking control of their health – mind, body and spirit.
I ordered a few of my favorites for friends, family and colleagues, but I may just have to order an extra 1-2 for myself 😉
Let us know – What are some of your new favorite health and wellness items that you are gifting this year? Or, what are you asking for this year?
Happy holidays, friends!
Dr. Turner’s 2016 Holiday Gift Ideas
1. Gaiam Sol Yoga Mat – Not only is yoga an important part of James’ and my li it’s also an important component of healing, because it forces us to slow down and be present. Many patients come to me with adrenal issues, directly related to components of their lifestyle that need to be changed. Often, I will recommend they find a daily or weekly practice that requires yoga, meditation and reflection. This yoga mat would be on my holiday list!
2. Gaia Golden Milk Powdered Turmeric Blend – Golden milk – where do I begin? Golden milk is a traditional Ayurvedic recipe that has been used for centuries to support the mind, body and soul. This warm, delicious beverage combines turmeric and many healing herbs (including turmeric root, cardamom seed, ashwagandha root, vanilla bean and black pepper fruit) to promote restoration, relaxation and overall immune support. It’s the perfect “foodie” gift for your best friend, sister or co-worker that is trying to find a less-stimulating alternative to their all-day-long coffee habit.
3. OXO Spiralizer – I know, I know – Spiralizers aren’t a new kitchen gadget. In fact, they’ve been out for a few years now. However, I still think the Spiralizer is an amazing way to get creative with your produce. It helps keep cooking fun and interesting, which in turn, keeps you looking forward to your meals. I’ve had many patients purchase a Spiralizer, and use it almost every day. Swap out your traditional pasta for sweet potato noodles. Or, get creative with rutabaga noodles in your traditional “chicken noodle soup.” You can even spiralize apples for your holiday apple pie. What a fun way to get your micro-nutrients.
4. Living Wellness Medical Center Packages – If you can think of one person in your life who wants or needs to take control of their health, then a LWMC package might be the perfect gift. We don’t just offer traditional visits with our doctors, we also offer a variety of treatments, testing and supplements to support our patients while they become the best version of themselves.
Some of our current packages include:
- Aesthetics – Buy 3 get 50% off the third
- Injections – Buy 3 get 50% of the third
Check out our website to learn more about our offerings. If you’re interested in purchasing a LWMC package, please call our office today at 1-480-588-6856 or stop by in-person.
5. Yeti Rambler Tumbler (20 oz) – If you do not already have a Yeti, you are definitely missing out. Whether you are trying to keep your morning tea or coffee warm on your commute to work, or you are trying to keep your water cold while you run errands, the Yeti will not disappoint. It’s a great gift for someone who has “everything,” and helps us drink more water because lukewarm water doesn’t appeal to many people.
6. Art Naturals Essential Oil Diffuser – Whether you are looking to unwind after a long day at work, or you are looking to meditatively begin your workday with calming scent, it’s a great alternative to a traditional candle (which many people can be sensitive to) because it’s natural fragrances. Many people use lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree as rejuvenating oils. Or, you could use lemon, black pepper, basil or rosemary to stimulate your senses and begin the morning off on the right foot. Some claim that diffusing essential oils can help with eczema, nausea, nosebleeds, joint pain, anxiety, depression and combating colds. It’s a great gift for anyone.
**Please note: Dr.Turner and Living Wellness Medical Center are not affiliated with any of the brands or products listed above. This is not a paid or sponsored post. Dr. Turner is sharing some of her favorite wellness gifts to inspire readers and patients as they wrap up their holiday shopping.