Aging doesn’t have to be as daunting and scary as it seems. In society today, there’s such a heavy emphasis on “looking younger,” but not “feeling younger.” At Living Wellness Medical Center, we believe that feeling youthful is of the utmost importance. When you have the necessary energy to carry out your day, you add years to your life. Our physicians can help you regain your energy, confidence and zest for life through our comprehensive, customized wellness protocols. Let us help you get there.
What are the benefits of aging gracefully?
- Increased energy and wellbeing
- Optimal immune health
- Increased metabolic function (Higher metabolism? Yes please!)
- Improved libido and sex drive
- Increased nourishment and nutrient absorption
- Increased stamina, athletic performance and cardiovascular health
- Significantly slower signs of aging
- Improved memory and brain function
- Reduced (or non-existent) cravings and a healthy perspective on nutrition
- Mindset shifts to establish a renewed take on life
Inevitably the body goes through a natural aging process.
However when you understand physiologic aging you are empowered to slow down and even reverse some of these processes.
The Natural Aging Process
- Oxidation – Oxidative damage can expedite the effects of aging. Antioxidants are reducing agents that reverses the oxidative damage that comes with aging.
- Inflammation – Aging is a degenerative process that’s closely correlated with long-term inflammation. By reducing or alleviating inflammation, your body is able to focus its attention on rest and repair.
- Hormone Decline – As we age, the amount of hormones produced in our bodies changes. In many cases, our hormone production decreases and are metabolized much slower. Sometimes, our bodies can produce the same amount of hormone necessary for general metabolic function, but at slower rates. By nurturing our hormones, we’re setting ourselves up for a youthful future.
- Nutrient Deficiencies – Recent research demonstrates that as we age, our ability to absorb and utilize nutrients become less efficient and our nutrient requirements actually increase.
Ensuring Graceful Aging
- Natural Antioxidants are nutrients that reverse the oxidation aging process. Examples include CoQ10, Resveratrol and Hawthorn Berry.
- Natural Anti-Inflammatories are nutrients that reverse inflammation. Examples include Turmeric, Essential Fatty Acids (fish oil) and Rosemary.
- Natural Hormone Replacement replenishes hormone deficiencies and can come in the form of creams, lozenges, injections or pellets.
- Nutrient Replenishment of specific deficiencies is key to slowing the aging process. Labs to determine such deficiencies are integral to anti-aging medicine.
- Natural Aesthetics can help with the regeneration and maintenance of youthful looking skin. When you feel good, it shines through!