It’s Friday evening date night, and you and your partner are craving something sweet. You don’t want to cave in and eat the pint of Ben & Jerry’s that’s calling your name from the freezer, because you know you will feel icky if you do. You want to keep the night as fun as possible, without the stomach ache that comes with the alternatives in your freezer.
Enter, our “Libido-Boosting Cho-Cado Mousse.” It’s gluten-free, vegan, paleo-friendly and delicious! Using avocado, raw cacao powder, coconut milk and a little sweetener of your choice, it’s the perfect date night treat that feels decadent and tastes amazing. We recommend dipping strawberries into the mousse for double the fun. Enjoy!
- 2 whole ripe avocados, pitted and skinned
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (if using canned coconut milk, use regular and not “light” version)
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Sweetener of choice
- If using liquid sweetener like honey or real maple syrup, use 1/4 cup.
- If using granulated sweetener like stevia, add to taste.
- If using granulated sweetener like coconut sugar, add to taste.
- Optional: If the mixture is too thick, add 1/4 almond milk to thin.
- Optional add-in’s include: Cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, nut butter, peppermint extract, coconut butter or collagen peptides.
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a blender until smooth. If needed, feel free to add more cacao powder, or more sweetener of choice. Enjoy dipped with strawberries, or by the spoonful. 🙂