The National Institutes of Health (NIH) estimates ~23.5 million Americans endure autoimmunity. Autoimmune conditions, trigger immune responses in the body that attack and damage tissues. Several triggers initiate autoimmune conditions. For some, there may only be one trigger; for others, disease state presents from layers of stressors that cause the body to become burdened. Common triggers for autoimmune conditions are physiological and emotional stress, food, genetics, environmental toxins, and imbalances in the gut.
Naturopathic medicine recognizes the unique makeup of each person and their experiences in their body. Employing botanicals, lifestyle modifications, and other holistic therapies offer safe and effective alternatives to conventional treatment.
- Botanical Medicine
- Nutritional counseling and supplementation
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Ozone Therapy
- IV Therapy
- Discover food sensitivities and addressing dysbiosis if present.
- Support side-effects from prescription medications.
- Reduce exposure to toxicants in the home and work environment.
- Address hormonal imbalances.
- Address and support mental and emotional stressors
- Supplement with herbs, amino acids, and micronutrients to strengthen immunity and decrease inflammation.
Triggers and presentation of autoimmune conditions vary greatly between patients. Treatment will also vary significantly based on the diagnosis. However, naturopathic principles and modalities allow for an individualized approach. Decreasing inflammation and supporting the body’s nutritional gaps is an ideal place to start for chronic, autoimmune conditions.