Custom Compounding is one way we individualize your treatment plan. The formulas are custom made just for you with ingredients specific to your needs and sensitivities. You get to choose the flavors and the delivery formats. Your doctor will order doses specially ordered just for you.
Some of the Most Common Custom Compound Prescriptions Include:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Topical Pain Cream for neuropathy, shingles, arthritis, and more
- Nebulized Treatments for asthma, chronic sinusitis including Glutathione, and more
- Low Dose Naltrexone
- Scar Therapy Topical Cream
- Acne Relieving Skin Cream
Benefits of Custom Compound Prescriptions
Custom compounding is the process of creating a preparation to meet the specific needs of an individual. This option is often used in naturopathic medicine as an alternative to standard pharmaceuticals. Some of the benefits of custom compounding include:
- Selecting an appropriate dosage based on your individual makeup and needs
- Flavoring a medication to make it more palatable
- Reformulating drugs to exclude unwanted or nonessential ingredients such as gluten, lactose, dye, or other substances an individual has a sensitivity to
- Change the form of a medication who may have difficulty with swallowing, or have stomach upset when taking medication.
How Does the Process Work?
You will visit with your Living Wellness physician and together agree on a treatment plan. Once you agree, the doctor will then call in your customized prescription to the appropriate pharmacy. Then, the pharmacy will contact you to discuss payment options.
Will Insurance Pay for Custom Compounding?
The pharmacy will make an attempt to bill insurance for your medication. Many times, custom prescriptions are not covered because they are individualized in nature. Please make sure to be prepared to pay the pharmacy for the prescription at the time it is ordered. They may agree to ship the medication to you for an additional charge.