Fasting Mimicking with Prolon FMD
We are happy to introduce Prolon’s Fasting-mimicking Diet (FMD). The FMD is a 5-day meal program comprised of natural, healthy ingredients.
Prolon’s Fasting-mimicking Diet is formulated to support and promote overall health at the cellular level by:
- rejuvenating stem cells;
- maintaining metabolic health by reducing triglycerides, insulin resistance, and blood glucose; and
- reducing body fat by consuming low-calorie meals that mimic fasting.
The diet has been scientifically proven to naturally reduce C-reactive protein (an inflammation marker, decrease blood pressure, and maintain healthy levels of stem cells for up to 5 days after the diet.
The Fasting-mimicking Diet is pre-packaged, and it includes everything you need to complete the 5-day diet. The diet is made up of soups, snack bars, olives, and tea. It’s designed to minimize carbohydrates and protein while encouraging fat intake. Calories are capped at approximately 40% of the total daily caloric allowance to keep the body supplied with electrolytes and nutrients.
The Fasting-mimicking diet is intended for:
- Patients with diagnostic markers that indicate chronic metabolic disorders, such as elevated CRP, cholesterol, and fasting blood glucose
- Patients who want to reduce risk factors from aging and age-related chronic disorders naturally
- Overweight or obese patients seeking to lose and manage weight
The Fasting-mimicking diet is contraindicated for:
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Patients experiencing diarrhea, cough, fever or signs of an active infection
- Patients allergic to oats, sesame, nuts or celery
- Malnourished or underweight patients
If you’d like some help planning your intermittent fasting, we found an interactive intermittent fasting calculator you might want to try.
Are you curious if a fasting-mimicking diet is the right fit for your body? Schedule a free brief meet and greet with one of our naturopathic doctors by calling 480-588-6856.