Aging doesn’t have to be as daunting and scary as it seems. In society today, there’s such a heavy emphasis on “looking younger,” but not on “feeling younger.” At Living Wellness Medical Center, we believe that feeling youthful is of the utmost importance. When you have the necessary energy to carry out your day, you can add years to your life. Our naturopathic doctors can help you regain your energy, confidence, and zest for life through our comprehensive, customized wellness protocols. Let us help you get there and experience graceful aging.
What Are the Benefits of Graceful Aging?
- Increased energy and wellbeing
- Optimal immune health
- Increased metabolic function (Higher metabolism? Yes, please!)
- Improved libido and sex drive
- Increased nourishment and nutrient absorption
- Increased stamina, athletic performance, and cardiovascular health
- Significantly slower signs of aging
- Improved memory and brain function
- Reduced (or non-existent) cravings and a healthy perspective on nutrition
- Mindset shifts to establish a renewed take on life
Are Hormones Keeping You Feeling Far From Young? Check out Our Hormone Symptom Guide to See If You Might Have Signs of Deficient or Excess Hormones.
Inevitably, the body goes through a natural aging process.
However, when you understand physiological aging, you are empowered to slow down and even reverse some of these processes.
The Natural Aging Process
- Oxidation – Oxidative damage can expedite the effects of aging. Antioxidants are reducing agents that reverse the oxidative damage that comes with aging.
- Inflammation – Aging is a degenerative process that’s closely correlated with long-term inflammation. By reducing or alleviating inflammation, your body can focus its attention on rest and repair.
- Hormone Decline – As we age, the amount of hormones produced in our bodies changes. In many cases, our hormone production decreases, and our hormones metabolize much slower. Sometimes, our bodies can produce the same amount of hormone necessary for general metabolic function, but at slower rates. By nurturing our hormones, we’re setting ourselves up for a youthful future.
- Nutrient Deficiencies – Recent research demonstrates that as we age, our ability to absorb and utilize nutrients becomes less efficient, and our nutrient requirements increase.
Ensuring Graceful Aging
- Natural Antioxidants are nutrients that reverse the oxidation aging process. Examples include CoQ10, Resveratrol, and Hawthorn Berry.
- Natural Anti-Inflammatories are nutrients that reverse inflammation. Examples include Turmeric, Essential Fatty Acids (fish oil), and Rosemary.
- Natural Hormone Replacement replenishes hormone deficiencies and can come in the form of creams, lozenges, injections, or pellets.
- Nutrient Replenishment of specific deficiencies is key to slowing the aging process. Conducting labs to determine deficiencies is integral to anti-aging medicine.
- Natural Aesthetics can help with the regeneration and maintenance of youthful-looking skin. When you feel good, it shines through!