There’s more going on in your gut than you thought…
The digestive tract is the first stop for all the nutrients we consume, the environmental toxins from our food and drinks, and it is one of the main headquarters of our immune system. Whatever we eat has to first pass the bowel police to decide if it will be processed and used, or eliminated. If we don’t take care of our gut, our police get sluggish, our immune system is less effective, and consequently all our other organs and body systems can be adversely affected. A large host of diseases can be traced back to the gut for this very reason. That is why what you eat and how well you process it is so important! Unfortunately, conventional medicine often undermines this crucial organ and our guts have become a less healthy place than they should be.
Healing the Gut
Healing the gut and keeping it healthy is a primary goal of Dr. Turner’s. This requires an assessment of:
- current diet and nutrition
- the need for probiotics to make sure that the good bacteria that aids in digestion and prevents against infection is abundant
- obstacles to good digestion. If food allergies or other culprits are present, they can be tested and removed
- possible bowel cleansing or diet cleansing to assist in removal of anything that wasn’t properly eliminated in the past
- bowel tone and nutrient levels to make sure that the gut is capable of fully digesting and assimilating what passes into it
- …and more!
Holistic Approach to Treating the Digestive Tract
As a naturopathic physician, Dr. Turner takes a whole-person approach to treating problems that stem from the gut. This means that no two people get the same treatment because no people are experiencing the same symptoms for the same reasons!
Some examples of disorders that are often directly related to the digestive tract include: