There’s more going on in your gut than you thought!
The digestive tract is the first stop for all the nutrients we consume, as well as the environmental toxins from our food and drinks. The stomach is one of the main headquarters of our immune system. Whatever we eat has to first pass the bowel police to decide if it will be processed and used, or eliminated. If we don’t take care of our gut, our police get sluggish, and our immune system is less effective, and, consequently, all our other organs and body systems can be adversely affected. A large host of diseases can be traced back to the gut for this very reason. That is why what you eat and how well you process food is so important! Unfortunately, conventional medicine often undermines this crucial organ, and our guts have become a less healthy place than they should be.
Healing the Gut Naturally
Healing the gut and keeping it healthy is a primary goal of Dr. Turner’s. This requires an assessment of:
- One’s current diet and nutrition
- The need for probiotics to make sure that the good bacteria which aids in digestion and prevents against infection is abundant
- Whether there are any obstacles to good digestion present; if food allergies or other culprits are present, they can be tested and removed
- Possible bowel-cleansing or diet-cleansing treatments to assist in the removal of anything that wasn’t properly eliminated in the past
- Bowel tone and nutrient levels to make sure that the gut is capable of fully digesting and assimilating what passes into it
- …and more!
Find Out How You Can Help Your Gut Naturally at Home With Our Happy Hormones at Home Guide.
Holistic Approach to Treating the Digestive Tract
As a naturopathic physician, Dr. Turner takes a whole-person approach to treating problems that stem from the gut. This means that no two people get the same treatment because no people are experiencing the same symptoms for the same reasons!
Some examples of disorders that are often directly related to the digestive tract include: