It’s a Friday evening date night, and you and your partner are both craving something sweet. You don’t want to cave in and eat the pint of Ben & Jerry’s that’s calling your name from the freezer, because you know you will feel icky if you do. You definitely want to keep the night as fun as possible, without the stomach ache that comes with the alternatives in your freezer.
Cho-Cado Mousse Recipe
Enter our “Libido-Boosting Cho-Cado Mousse.” It’s gluten-free, vegan, paleo-friendly and delicious too boot! Using all-natural ingredients like avocado, raw cacao powder, coconut milk and a little sweetener of your choice, it’s the perfect date night treat that feels decadent and tastes amazing. We recommend dipping fresh strawberries into the mousse for double the fun. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed to Make the Cho-Cado Mousse
- 2 whole ripe avocados, pitted and skinned
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (if you are using canned coconut milk, use regular and not the “light” version)
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- A Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Any Sweetener of choice
- If you are using a liquid sweetener like honey or real maple syrup, use 1/4 cup.
- If you are using a granulated sweetener like stevia, add to taste.
- If you are using a granulated sweetener like coconut sugar, add to taste.
- Optional: If the mixture starts to get too thick, you can add up to ¼ cup almond milk to thin it a bit.
- Optional add-ins include cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, nut butter, peppermint extract, coconut butter or collagen peptides.
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly in a blender or food processor until the mixture becomes smooth. If needed, feel free to add more cacao powder or more sweetener of choice. Enjoy the libido boosting mousse dipped with strawberries, or by the spoonful. 🙂