Nutrient IV therapy is not a new treatment option as holistic medicine has been using it for years. There was a day only high-end athletes, celebrities, and VIPs had the luxury of nutrient IV treatments. It was difficult to find a holistic or naturopathic doctor who was making it available. Now it is widely offered in many locations. It may be considered by many to be one of the latest wellness trends, but it offers lots of benefits. It’s become widely used by active people who want to get more out of their workouts to those who work long shifts, travelers who suffer from jet lag, and those who just want to ward off the flu or a cold.
What Is It?
- Nutrients such as vitamins and minerals are delivered intravenously (in the veins).
- This by-passes the digestive system and you get ALL THE NUTRIENTS.
- By bypassing the digestive system, we’re able to deliver high doses of nutrients directly into your bloodstream that would normally be excreted from the body via urine, sweat or through other bodily waste.
- Examples of this would include high doses of Vitamin B or C – vitamins that our bodily typically doesn’t hang on to when given high doses.
Did You Know?
- Digestive problems and inflammation can inhibit the absorption of nutrients. IVs bypass the digestive system and 100% of those nutrients are absorbed.
- Introducing nutrients into the circulation this way, allows all parts of your body to be flooded with life-giving nutrients and antioxidants in a way that can’t be achieved with oral supplementation.
- Nutrient deficiencies are common because of food processing and de-mineralization or soil from agricultural practices and the numerous toxins in our environment.
Common Conditions Improved With Nutrient IV Therapy:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cold and Flu (frequent or acute)
- Immune Suppression
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Hormone Imbalances Including:
- Hypo/hyperthyroid conditions
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Painful or Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Food Sensitivities/Nutritional Deficiencies
- Digestive Disorders
- Wellness and Prevention
If you are interested in discussing IV Therapy, let’s chat about it at your next visit. We have a menu of Nutrient IVs available on our website. Take a peek and call our office to set up a new patient appointment: 480-588-6856.